Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomeWelcome!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Steven Universe Week?
Peridot character discussion Emptyby Jimmydoritoman Mon 29 Feb 2016, 21:07

» Heyy
Peridot character discussion Emptyby RadBrostache Thu 22 Oct 2015, 22:52

» Nightmare Hospital [There will be Spoilers]
Peridot character discussion Emptyby PinkSapphire Mon 14 Sep 2015, 06:08

» Hiatus Ends September 10th!
Peridot character discussion Emptyby Pearl Fri 04 Sep 2015, 04:46

» Hallo! (Hello!)
Peridot character discussion Emptyby PinkSapphire Thu 03 Sep 2015, 03:57

» ayyyy
Peridot character discussion Emptyby SombreUmbreon Tue 01 Sep 2015, 06:50

» Steven Universe Tattoo
Peridot character discussion Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:50

» Admin on LOA
Peridot character discussion Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:47

» SU Hiatus Extended to September
Peridot character discussion Emptyby PinkSapphire Sat 15 Aug 2015, 14:41

Similar topics
  • » Garnet Character Discussion
  • » I...may not be so fond of this character...discussion
  • April 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Peridot character discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    SpacePirates

Moderator Diamond

SpacePirates

Title : SCREECH
    Gemosas : 68
    Favourite Gems : Peridot, Lapis, Garnet, Alexandrite

Peridot character discussion Empty
    PostSubject: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015, 13:38

Starting a thread for Peridot!

We don't know very much about Peridot right now, but I thought I might as well make a thread so nobody has to do so later.

From what we do know, I think Peridot is an interesting character. Before I got into Steven Universe, I thought she was some epic villain but then I actually watched the show and she's a floofin' nerd and I love her. It seems to me that she's young and maybe even a little immature, I can't really explain it except that it's in the way she talks. She also seems to be determined to complete her objectives, in a way that feels cold and almost non-human. It's strange, and it fascinates me.

I've still not quite gotten down all of what she's like because we haven't really seen enough episodes with her in them, but that's what I see from what we've seen so far, anyway.

What do you guys think of Peridot? Discuss away!
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
    Gemosas : 497
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015, 13:51

I don't have much of an opinion on Peridot yet except for that I think she's like the Pearl 2.0 for Homeworld. I'm not entirely sure why everyone is crazy about Peridot thus far (same with Jasper) when we know so little about them (aside from Peridot being a big nerd).

I've seen discussion on Peridot becoming a good guy and part of the Crystal Gems. I think it would be super interesting to see her with Pearl and see how they get on, especially with Pearl's jealous tendencies.
    Back to top Go down
    https://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
    SpacePirates

Moderator Diamond

SpacePirates

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015, 13:55

I think Peridot will be redeemed, yes. As for the whole Pearl 2.0 theory, I do not support it at all. Pearl and Peridot do very different things, and while they are definitely in the same category of gems I don't see Peridot as any kind of upgrade from what Pearl is.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015, 14:02

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that :O
    Back to top Go down
    SpacePirates

Moderator Diamond

SpacePirates

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015, 14:13

My thoughts on her redemption? Well, continuing my theory about her being young, I imagine she still has an open mind like a child and can learn why the Crystal Gems are protecting the planet. From there, she could become a very valuable new addition to the team because of her knowledge of what's up on Homeworld.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 15:55

On the bright side, I like Peridot more! But on the downside, BAD PERIDOT! BAD BAD BAD!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    lilcipher

Bubble Gem

lilcipher
    Bubble Gem

Title : Your Friendly Neighborhood Triangle Worshipper
    Gemosas : 50

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 16:34

It was hilarious seeing her run around and make stupid faces and go all Tails the Fox with her fingers. But despite her silly antics, Peridot is a lot more threatening than we originally thought. She has the power and technology to not only fuse and corrupt Gems, but bring them back from the dead in the process of doing so. She's not just a comic relief villain anymore.
    Back to top Go down
    http://lilcipher.tumblr.com/
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 16:36

All the more reason I like her. She's intense. Silly antics and a seriously sinister side.

I can't believe she's not bothered by this. How can you be numb to this? These are your people.
    Back to top Go down
    lilcipher

Bubble Gem

lilcipher
    Bubble Gem

Title : Your Friendly Neighborhood Triangle Worshipper
    Gemosas : 50

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 16:38

She doesn't see them as her people, though. They were Rose's allies. Enemies to Homeworld. And now they aren't even "her people" anymore; they're just monsters.
    Back to top Go down
    http://lilcipher.tumblr.com/
    Pearl

Graphics Diamond

Pearl
    Graphics Diamond

Title : *SQUAWK*
    Gemosas : 161
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Rose Quartz, Rainbow Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 22:12

I think her naivety towards hurting these dead gems futher alludes to her being very young. Like Amethyst young or possibly even younger. Plus her voice seems very childish, as do her antics. I personally think she just doesn't know any better than what Homeworld says is right. She's a brainwashed child that never saw the horrors of the war except for in the history books and even then Rose's army were probably made out to be the bad guys in that situation.

Which means that if she thought they were all the bad guys it would explain why A) she's pretty afraid of the Crystal Gems sans Steven cause he's obviously young. But the others are probably MUCH older than Peridot and much more experienced which would be why she avoids fighting or interacting with them. Cause she's scared of them. And B) it would also explain why she has no remorse for reviving and experimenting on these dead Gems. Because they are the enemy and she has been told they are terrible Gems that deserve what's coming to them.

All in all I think a lot of what Peridot does and the way she acts has to do with her probably being very young.
    Back to top Go down
    http://pizzacusshiticus.tumblr.com
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 22:21

Pearl wrote:
    I think her naivety towards hurting these dead gems futher alludes to her being very young. Like Amethyst young or possibly even younger. Plus her voice seems very childish, as do her antics. I personally think she just doesn't know any better than what Homeworld says is right. She's a brainwashed child that never saw the horrors of the war except for in the history books and even then Rose's army were probably made out to be the bad guys in that situation.

Which means that if she thought they were all the bad guys it would explain why A) she's pretty afraid of the Crystal Gems sans Steven cause he's obviously young. But the others are probably MUCH older than Peridot and much more experienced which would be why she avoids fighting or interacting with them. Cause she's scared of them. And B) it would also explain why she has no remorse for reviving and experimenting on these dead Gems. Because they are the enemy and she has been told they are terrible Gems that deserve what's coming to them.

All in all I think a lot of what Peridot does and the way she acts has to do with her probably being very young.

I'm totally behind this. It sounds like the most likely reasoning as to why Peridot is desensitised to all of this. I mean this is...vile...
    Back to top Go down
    Doctor H. Fern

Bubble Gem

Doctor H. Fern
    Bubble Gem

Title : Doctor
    Gemosas : 9

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015, 16:07

I don't think Peridot is young. I think she is as old if not older than the Crystal Gems. As far as her attitude goes, I attribute it to the Scientific field which I believe she is in. She may or may not have had friends back on the Homeworld, BUT due to the war, lost them. That sort of trauma would turn anyone callous. She seems very, 'Do what is necessary. No mistakes.' kind of gem and honestly from day one I had a soft spot for her and that eventually grew to her being my favorite gem. (Peri-copter not withstanding.) Like most gems she certainly has a strong sense of duty, and maybe the tale over of Earth is her way of contributing to her kind. Remember, the lion that brutally murders a gazelle may also be supporting more than itself.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.fanfiction.net/~hollyfern
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peridot character discussion   Peridot character discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Peridot character discussion
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1