Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomeWelcome!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Steven Universe Week?
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby Jimmydoritoman Mon 29 Feb 2016, 21:07

» Heyy
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby RadBrostache Thu 22 Oct 2015, 22:52

» Nightmare Hospital [There will be Spoilers]
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby PinkSapphire Mon 14 Sep 2015, 06:08

» Hiatus Ends September 10th!
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby Pearl Fri 04 Sep 2015, 04:46

» Hallo! (Hello!)
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby PinkSapphire Thu 03 Sep 2015, 03:57

» ayyyy
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby SombreUmbreon Tue 01 Sep 2015, 06:50

» Steven Universe Tattoo
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:50

» Admin on LOA
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:47

» SU Hiatus Extended to September
Sardonyx Speculation Thread Emptyby PinkSapphire Sat 15 Aug 2015, 14:41

Similar topics
  • » Sardonyx Discussion [Spoilers]
  • » The No Good Very Bad Day Thread
  • May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Sardonyx Speculation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
    Gemosas : 497
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

Sardonyx Speculation Thread Empty
    PostSubject: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 09:48

Who do you think Sardonyx is going to be??
    Back to top Go down
    https://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

Title : Garnet: Mad at Pearl
    Gemosas : 129
    Favourite Gems : Ruby and Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 11:25

I predict that Sardonyx fusion that involves Jasper and Peridot.

Sardonyx is a member of the chalcedony family of quartzes, as is Jasper. While this really doesn't mean much for it being a fusion (Ruby and Sapphire are the two major varieties of corundum, yet they fuse into Garnet, a different family of gems altogether), it does mean that Sardonyx has some connection to Jasper. I think it is a fusion with Peridot specifically for this reason:

Like Peridot, Sardonyx is a birthstone for August. Unlike Jasper, there is a precedent for such a fusion: Alexandrite. Alexandrite is a birthstone for June. Another June birthstone makes up part of her: Pearl. Amusingly enough, Pearl and Peridot are the main birthstones for their months (June and August respectively), while Alexandrite and Sardonyx are lesser known birthstones for their months.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 17:53

What if Sardonyx is a successful cluster fusion?
    Back to top Go down
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 18:00

That was an alternative theory I thought about after making my previous post, and probably is more a more realistic scenario than what I had initially proposed.

Peridot "got what she needed" back in Keeping it Together, which presumably relates to a successful cluster. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Sardonyx was either what I suggested earlier or if she were a more successful cluster fusion.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 18:08

I mean I want to think it's a Peridot x Jasper fusion but if Malachite unfuses, would she really want to fuse again?

I've also seen theory that it could be a healed gem.

I'm not sure which way to lean yet. I keep pondering over "week of sardonyx". It can't be something minor if it's "week of sardonyx". It could be a new good guy, like a healed corrupt gem, it could be a fusion, or a new Homrworld gem.

Back to top Go down
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 18:19

Exactly why I find it less realistic than Sardonyx being a successful cluster. Jasper has a low view on fusion, and from what we've seen, Peridot probably agrees with Jasper on fusion.

A successful cluster could be a major event, honestly. I'm probably betting on that, as I'd imagine a successful cluster being hellish to fight. Peridot did take some clusters home with her, so it'll be inevitable that we see the cluster's projection.

A theory I've heard is that Sardonyx is Jasper's boss. Another theory I've heard is that Sardonyx is Jasper's real name (because Jasper looks more like a Sardonyx than a Jasper).

A theory I have yet to hear is that Sardonyx is that we could meet her at the beginning of the week, but then we see how gem corruption works, and Sardonyx gets corrupted after we get attached to her.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 18:26

I also keep hearing people insist that Jasper is a forced fusion and when Malachite splits, Jasper will too. I really don't know why people think Jasper is a fusion when she openly thinks fusion is stupid.

It could possibly be Jasper's real name.

It could also be a corrupt gem gone good OR just a new gem entirely - good or bad is to be seen. But it could be this because it is "week of sardonyx". So it's gotta be major.
    Back to top Go down
    Pearl

Graphics Diamond

Pearl
    Graphics Diamond

Title : *SQUAWK*
    Gemosas : 161
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Rose Quartz, Rainbow Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 19:42

I think the "week" of sardonyx alludes to it being a new character because if you think of how much the show touches on fusions and such in the past, they usually only show up for 1 episode and then disappear for a while. The only fusions we've seen more than once are Opal and I think Stevonnie, and now Malachite in Chille Tid. But if it's a new character that ends up staying with the Crystal Gems for some reason then that would be a plot-savvy way to have a whole week of them without screwing up their contingency of showing fusions rarely.

Cause I agree with you guys, Jasper and maybe most Homeworld gems don't like to use fusion often and I'm not inclined to believe Jasper would be willing to jump into another fusion right after coming out of one. Being that close to another gem for a long period of time I imagine would freak her out, considering her personality.

And on the other hand the Crystal Gems don't seem to fuse very often either because while they are all great friends being that intimate and close to each other might be a bit much for them. And doing it over and over again for a whole week of episodes just doesn't seem to fit to me. I also have a theory that they all used to fuse with Rose ALL the time because of how much of an impact she had on them and now don't all that much cause she's gone and fusing probably brings up bad memories but that's a whooooole other conversation lol
    Back to top Go down
    http://pizzacusshiticus.tumblr.com
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 20:23

Share your Rose fusion theory, duh >.>

Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

Gemosas : 90

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 20:50

I think the week of serdonyx will somewhat relat to the last steven bomb (why leave it on such a cliff hanger). the two topic in it were pearl being in love with rose (which was to just shut the people who think she didnt up in my opinion) and Fusion.

I think Sardonyx will be a entily new fusion. I think it'll be a perma fuse with new characters (why give it its own week otherwise?) I think we'll be introduces to either Sard or Onyx (which are gemstones i did a tad bit of research on just for you guys) and Steven has to help them find the other.
    Let me make a short theory real quick on what i think their personalities (should i be right) will be like.
    Sard: the gemstone is meant to attract love and good fortune. it also relates to protection and courage. and here's a kicker, help with bad DREAMS and POISONS (malachite beings a TOXIC relationship). So maybe Steven will meet sard who will help with Malachite and reaveal she's been sepearted from onyx?

Onyx: specificly white onyx since you need that to create Sardonyx. It's sad to ward off evil and evil thoughts and helps release others from worries and pains *cough*jasper*cough*. Maybe Onxy will be introduced on like Wednesday in the week? Where she meets Sard again and they form sardonyx? I dunno theres not much on white onyx's so i tried look at onyc in general for this next theory part about her. Onyx grounding, healing, and balancing stone, it helps banish bad thoughts and relaxes people. So his mixed with the white onyx stuff means Onyx will probs realate to malachites healing in a way.

Sardonyx: Boosts Optimism, Confidence and mental discipline. It's said to bring long lasting partnerships and prevent misfortune. often associated with life fortune, luck and joyful life. After researching and bringign together soem of the common themes of sardonyx's meanings i can say sardonyx will most likely be a fusion (be it of Sard and Onyx or not), many sites i visted talks about it beign used to help make relationships last. I think SardOnyx will ultimitly be a teacher for steven and help him get hsi confidence up when he needs it most. She'll likely be an upbeat and joyus character who'll help steven save Lapis from her Malachite prison.

But this is all speculation and researching over just a small spoiler. I still think i have some decent proof though (seeing as the crewniverse will use gemstone meanings to create a personality)
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 21:21

I like this theory. I do. Especially based on what the stones represent. However...

Peridot is the exact opposite of what the peridot stone means, as is Jasper. So, in Rebecca Sugar's world of gems, they don't have to always align with what they mean in our world. So. This may not necessarily be the case. It very well could be! It could be a Ruby and Sapphire situation - however, I'm hesitant to think it is.

Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 21:25

your right it could be the exact opposite! at least for now it could be we don't know what prolonged exposer to steven will do to them. ( i've already started more reasearch for a drawing and it's cute in my head so i'm sticking with my over researched theory for now will post later once i digitooly color it)
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 21:32

Your theory is fun either way! ^^ Can't wait to see you draw and colour her out!
    Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 11:46

Um guys i think we should be concerned... So all of yo uknow this image
    Sardonyx Speculation Thread Tumblr_nqeu6ut9sz1rdrorjo1_500
    ... theres a new one I'm worried pale
    Sardonyx Speculation Thread Tumblr_nqeu6ut9sz1rdrorjo2_540
    very worried (if anyone can translate this or make sense of it please do i'm very concerned for stevens saftey)
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

Title : Maybe the youngest person here :P
    Gemosas : 31
    Favourite Gems : Rose, Lapis, and Garnet

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 13:21

Well from what I understand Doxx means to expose someone's true identity and sadly that is all I know...the others I can not seem to find. Neutral
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 13:29

Is that legitimate or fan made?
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 13:37

It looks fan made and I cant seem to find anything about it. But I could just be looking in the wrong place Razz
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 14:37

Yeah, upon closer examination, it's just a fan made image out of Sardonyx. It doesn't even make sense if I'm honest Mad so don't worry!
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 14:45

Oh thank god, it was getting annoying trying to figure it out XP. Good thing we have people like you.
    Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 14:51

looking it over i think it might be fan made
    the letters they used in doxx sad ron look identical to Sardonyx just moved around, closer looks at the background help this to be evident.
    the paper (uncluding the drawings) is the exact same with the same lighting except on certain parts (where the soemone just tried to copy and past the letters)
    Rades in comrades is shaky and doesnt match the hand writing style.
    and the crew would've continued to use the same hashtag.
    So i'm thinking a fan made the second one and is just referencing some scifi thing. sorry to scare everyone.
    if i find out this is from the crew i will come back with a link for ya'll
    Back to top Go down
    Pearl

Graphics Diamond

Pearl
    Graphics Diamond

Title : *SQUAWK*
    Gemosas : 161
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Rose Quartz, Rainbow Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 18:52

Is there a source for this? Because I scoured all over tumblr and the Crewniverse page and I couldn't find that second photo. I think it's just a manip of the original :/

EDIT: Didn't see the other page where you guys already debunked it Rolling Eyes
    Back to top Go down
    http://pizzacusshiticus.tumblr.com
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 19:22

Lmao, bird dork.
    Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 23:24

I've recently gone (back onto) twitter and followed the crew, so if theres any knews i'll hear about it and alert you guys as soon as i see it!
    Until then Sardonyx is a mystery
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015, 13:11

What if Sardonyx is Centipeetle healed?
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015, 13:22

I thought at first since sardonyx can be the color green but on the teaser thing the colors are orange ish. But Steven Universe has surprised us a lot so we can only wait XP.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sardonyx Speculation Thread   Sardonyx Speculation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Sardonyx Speculation Thread
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1