Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomeWelcome!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Steven Universe Week?
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby Jimmydoritoman Mon 29 Feb 2016, 21:07

» Heyy
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby RadBrostache Thu 22 Oct 2015, 22:52

» Nightmare Hospital [There will be Spoilers]
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby PinkSapphire Mon 14 Sep 2015, 06:08

» Hiatus Ends September 10th!
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby Pearl Fri 04 Sep 2015, 04:46

» Hallo! (Hello!)
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby PinkSapphire Thu 03 Sep 2015, 03:57

» ayyyy
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby SombreUmbreon Tue 01 Sep 2015, 06:50

» Steven Universe Tattoo
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:50

» Admin on LOA
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:47

» SU Hiatus Extended to September
SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Emptyby PinkSapphire Sat 15 Aug 2015, 14:41

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpacePirates

Moderator Diamond

SpacePirates

Title : SCREECH
Gemosas : 68
Favourite Gems : Peridot, Lapis, Garnet, Alexandrite

SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Empty
PostSubject: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptySat 13 Jun 2015, 19:36

We all know about that theory of gem castes, like all the gems of the same type having the same function and all that, but I think that theory doesn't explain patterns I've seen among different gems we've seen so far.

Basically, I believe that while the gems can be split by what their gem is, the full classification is more like how real-world animal species are split. This theory is also inspired by the fact that real-life gems come in species.

I see there being families of gems similar to taxonomic families (canidae, felidae, things like that). I've identified a few so far from the gems we've seen. These don't always relate to the composition of the gems themselves. These families are:

• Silicas - Includes quartzes, they have thick bodies from fat and/or muscle and tend to have long wild hair AND THEY HAVE SQUISH CHEEKS! Includes:
    -Rose/Steven
    -Amethyst
    -Jasper
  • Corundums - I have no idea what's up with these guys they're super-varied but they're all smol with square head. Includes:
    -Ruby
    -Sapphire
  • Aquatics - Slim builds and always have an association with fluid, hair that has at least one distinct acute angle, pointed noses. I currently have this split into "genera":
    -Marine (named because of the sea), which includes Pearl and Lapis
    -Olivine (named after the mineral), which is Peridot alone
  • Diamonds - ??? It includes:
    -Yellow Diamond
  • Glass - we haven't seen any confirmed non-corrupted gems in this category I just put it here because of these guys:
    -Desert Glass
    -Invisible gem monster from Mask Island

I see them split into species and subspecies, with a species being like Pearl and subspecies being color variations of pearl. I have more to say about how this fits into fusion, but it's late and I need to sleep. For now, comment I guess. Tell me why this theory can't be true because of some detail I missed or something.

Sorry if this post makes no sense, I'm tired and I don't know how well my brain is functioning at the moment.

EDIT 6/22/15:
Spoiler warning for Keeping It Together:

Last edited by SpacePirates on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 11:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Graphics Diamond

Pearl
Graphics Diamond

Title : *SQUAWK*
Gemosas : 161
Favourite Gems : Pearl, Rose Quartz, Rainbow Quartz

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptySat 13 Jun 2015, 19:43

You've definitely put a lot of thought into this O.o But it's cool! I like how in depth this is and how you have them all sectioned off! I never thought of their respective types of Gems being set up like how we identify different species, that theory is really cool!!

TBH I never noticed their subtle differences and similarities as anything more that character design, but it's an interesting notion to think that it could be a clue to how the Gem heirarchy (sort of) if set up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://pizzacusshiticus.tumblr.com
Rose Quartz

Founder
Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
Gemosas : 497
Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptySat 13 Jun 2015, 20:03

No, I don't think I see a flaw at the moment with this theory. You've pointed out stuff I didn't notice before and they seem to sit pretty well - it's all consistent. I like it. It's interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
Bubble Gem

Title : Garnet: Mad at Pearl
Gemosas : 129
Favourite Gems : Ruby and Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptySat 13 Jun 2015, 22:21

This is certainly a unique theory. I have found myself referring to different gem varieties as "species" myself, but I personally think that it's more social status than caste or even species.

I think that rubies and sapphires are the same species. The difference between rubies and sapphires is more political/social than it is physical in my headcanon. Sure, there are physical differences, but they are both political divisions of corundum at the end of the day.

I'd like to go more in-depth, but I don't think this is the place to do it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rose Quartz

Founder
Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
Gemosas : 497
Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptySat 13 Jun 2015, 22:35

Hey why not? That's what this thread is for Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
Bubble Gem

Gemosas : 90

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 21:41

An interesting theory, but whom would be above whom? (diamond being on top)
Back to top Go down
SpacePirates

Moderator Diamond

SpacePirates

Title : SCREECH
Gemosas : 68
Favourite Gems : Peridot, Lapis, Garnet, Alexandrite

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015, 11:23

Not sure who would be above whom aside from the obvious diamond on top. We simply don't have enough information yet for me to even begin to figure out how the gems are all ranked.

Anyway, I've updated the original post with information I learned after watching Keeping It Together. I would've added the information on the day it aired, but the episode had a rather negative effect on me and it took me this long to recover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory   SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory Empty

Back to top Go down

SpacePirates' Spin on the Gem Caste Theory
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Gem Warriors :: Beach City :: Theories and Debates-