AuthorMessage
winduko

Bubble Gem

Bubble Gem

Title : Garnet: Mad at Pearl
Gemosas : 129
Favourite Gems : Ruby and Sapphire

PostSubject: Hello, everyone!   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:59

I'm Winduko, which is a portmanteau of Windy and Ruko, both names I have went by in the past. On most sites I use, my username is winduko.

I got into Steven Universe a couple of weeks ago so that I could have something to watch while playing in the Altador Cup for Neopets, and I told my friend I'd watch Steven Universe over the summer.

I got upset with how Neopets was running recently, so I decided to suddenly cut most ties that I had with the site. It was a fun site back in the day, but now, at least to me, it's lost its charm. It also lost the staff that I grew up with.

But I fell strongly in love with Steven Universe, and watched the entire series over the span of three-four days. I can't wait until Stevenbomb! It also probably prevented me from having this void of no fandom.

My favourite characters are Ruby and Sapphire (and I really want to see them further developed as characters), but I love all characters on Steven Universe a lot. I can't find a reason to hate any of them!

Also, Steven Universe is the only show I really watch. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore because I feel like I don't have the time anymore. I definitely will be watching the upcoming Stevenbomb if I can, though.
Back to top Go down
Rose Quartz

Founder
Members Diamond

FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
Gemosas : 497
Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 18:15

Hello! Welcome, Winduko! I'm happy to have you here ^^

I used to play Neopets back in the day as well! I more or less left when the staff began changing and whatnot. I imagine it's pretty different over there now.

That's more or less what happened to me and Steven Universe - just fell strongly in love and binge watched. Super glad that happened! I love it so much! It's pretty much serving as my only fandom right now as well so you're definitely not alone there. Not to say I don't like other things, but Steven Universe is the strongest for me at the moment.

I also love Ruby and Sapphire (and by extension, Garnet)! But, if I'm honest, I love all the characters. I identify strongest with Pearl, though I could argue Ruby as well. Plus, I am hella gay so naturally I'm pretty pleased with them and their relationship thus far. But, I DO want to see further character development with them!
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
winduko

Bubble Gem

Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 18:30

Nice to meet you too, Rose. Smile

A majority of the staff was laid off back in March, which saddens me as someone who had been playing on-and-off for a little more than ten years at that point. I said I'd stop playing then, but I couldn't resist the Altador Cup, and I needed to watch Steven Universe (the Altador Cup lends itself well to watching shows while playing the games) so, why not?

Then the company that owns Neopets laid off a recent mother after it looked like she was safe. I couldn't play in the Altador Cup after that. I just couldn't.

Pearl's actually my next favourite after them for the same reason. I can relate to her very strongly. I even think that, if I were to introduce my family to the series, they'd probably call me Pearl! xD
Back to top Go down
Rose Quartz

Founder
Members Diamond

FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
Gemosas : 497
Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 18:37

Nice, nice!

That sucks with Neopets for sure. Ah well...
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
Gemology

Bubble Gem

Bubble Gem

Gemosas : 41

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 14:36

I just recently got sucked into Neopets again, before shortly after realizing it's actually a waste of time and added no significant value in my life! It's a fun site, but its purpose is debatable. I didn't really grow up with it, so I didn't get to know any of the staff, but I played with my younger sister.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I'm glad to meet other SU fans!

Back to top Go down
http://www.beachcitybugle.com/
winduko

Bubble Gem

Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 14:44

I learned the basics of economy there, such as you can play games to make money. Razz

In all seriousness, after a while I found it a waste of time, but I found myself coming back to it because it was fun in small doses. I just found the Altador Cup players infinitely too interesting to leave Neopets for good...

And thank you! I hope you find this forum to be a pleasant experience as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garnet

Media Diamond
Media Diamond

Title : Your BFF
Gemosas : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Mon 29 Jun 2015, 20:04

I never played neopets

"So, you two can't get along unless you think I'm going to kill you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!