Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Come join Cosmic Gem Warriors today!
Cosmic Gem Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomeWelcome!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Steven Universe Week?
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby Jimmydoritoman Mon 29 Feb 2016, 21:07

» Heyy
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby RadBrostache Thu 22 Oct 2015, 22:52

» Nightmare Hospital [There will be Spoilers]
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby PinkSapphire Mon 14 Sep 2015, 06:08

» Hiatus Ends September 10th!
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby Pearl Fri 04 Sep 2015, 04:46

» Hallo! (Hello!)
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby PinkSapphire Thu 03 Sep 2015, 03:57

» ayyyy
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby SombreUmbreon Tue 01 Sep 2015, 06:50

» Steven Universe Tattoo
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:50

» Admin on LOA
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby Rose Quartz Fri 21 Aug 2015, 20:47

» SU Hiatus Extended to September
Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Emptyby PinkSapphire Sat 15 Aug 2015, 14:41

Similar topics
  • » Rising Tides/Crashing Skies - Discussion! [Expect spoilers!]
  • » Chille Tid - Discussion [expect spoilers!]
  • March 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

Title : Garnet: Mad at Pearl
    Gemosas : 129
    Favourite Gems : Ruby and Sapphire

Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Empty
    PostSubject: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 12:03

I started the thread early because I found this screenshot floating around tumblr.

This is probably a Screenshot of an Episode that has yet to air!:

Because I assume it was a part of today's episode, this was the only appropriate thread for it.
    Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

Gemosas : 90

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 13:42

poor ruby she looks pissed
    Back to top Go down
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 14:03

She also seemed to accidentally the carpet.
    Back to top Go down
    Rose Quartz

Founder
    Members Diamond

Rose Quartz
    FounderMembers Diamond

Title : Pink Space Mom
    Gemosas : 497
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Garnet, Ruby, Lapis Lazuli, Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 15:16

Oh my god. This is def my favourite episode! Ruby! Sapphire!! Ruby is so me lol

It's funny - Sapphire is definitely the dominant personality of Garnet but her appearance is strongly Ruby-based.

Also we were all correct - Sapphire has one eye.
    Back to top Go down
    https://cosmicgemwarriors.forumotion.com
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 15:20

LAUGHY SAPPHIE! I'M DEAD!
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

Title : Maybe the youngest person here :P
    Gemosas : 31
    Favourite Gems : Rose, Lapis, and Garnet

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 15:25

Ahhh that whole EPISODE!!!!! RUBY!!! SAPPHIRE!!! SQUARE PIZZA!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    PinkSapphire

Bubble Gem

PinkSapphire
    Bubble Gem

Title : PGSM Addict and Fan Fic Writer
    Gemosas : 119
    Favourite Gems : Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 16:01

Oh lordy. This episode gave me so many feels, not just because of how strongly I can relate to Steven in this episode, but because Ruby and Sapphire's entire argument and conflict remind me of some incidents in another fandom on Tumblr that haven't been properly resolved, both on my end and another person's.

I tried to be like Sapphire. I tried to be calm, rational, patient, and wanted to talk things out in said incident, though I admit I did lose my temper at points, but the other person acted just like Ruby: all she wanted was to be mad, make a huge song and dance out of everything, didn't want to come to a resolution or find a proper solution to said conflict, resorted to childish yelling and name calling (not that she'll admit it), thinks I have a victim complex, refuses to admit to her own errors, and acted as though I was nothing but a heartless demon child who deliberately hurt someone. Unfortunately, unlike Ruby and Sapphire, our conflict hasn't been resolved. It only got worse, it brought out the worst in us, and now we're nothing but mortal enemies. I didn't do myself any favors by letting it get the better of me to the point of starting a callout blog in an attempt to make them realize the truth, that they didn't handle the situation in a civilized manner or even talked to me about it.

Really, Crewniverse?! Why are your episodes and conflicts so true to life?!

Also...Sapphire has one eye?! She's a cyclops?! Laughy sapphie?! Oh deary dear!
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

Gemosas : 98
    Favourite Gems : garnet, lapis, pearl, amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 16:55

that's one of the best things about this show. even though it's a cartoon about space rocks (which for all intents and purposes should be entirely unrelatable), it manages to not only be something that a toooooon of people can relate to, but something people can learn from!!

i have a feeling that what happened with ruby and sapphire (FANGIRLING BECAUSE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE), the conversation and the venting and the two sides of the issue becoming mixed up together and culminating in a huge thing is going to happen between pearl and garnet. maybe even all the gems!

i super related to steven in this episode, as well as ruby and sapphire. i can't count how many times i've acted irrationally angry and upset over something small only to come to the conclusion that sapphire and steven did; it's their fault. they are to blame for things.

i think its really really great that we get to see the show acknowledge different ways of dealing with anger (though you could say at one point, neither ruby nor sapphire were really dealing with it) and how both can be wrong, and both can be right.
    Back to top Go down
    PinkSapphire

Bubble Gem

PinkSapphire
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 16:59

opalescent wrote:
    that's one of the best things about this show. even though it's a cartoon about space rocks (which for all intents and purposes should be entirely unrelatable), it manages to not only be something that a toooooon of people can relate to, but something people can learn from!!

i have a feeling that what happened with ruby and sapphire (FANGIRLING BECAUSE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE), the conversation and the venting and the two sides of the issue becoming mixed up together and culminating in a huge thing is going to happen between pearl and garnet. maybe even all the gems!

i super related to steven in this episode, as well as ruby and sapphire. i can't count how many times i've acted irrationally angry and upset over something small only to come to the conclusion that sapphire and steven did; it's their fault. they are to blame for things.

i think its really really great that we get to see the show acknowledge different ways of dealing with anger (though you could say at one point, neither ruby nor sapphire were really dealing with it) and how both can be wrong, and both can be right.

EXACTLY! I totally agree with you on the last line. Seriously, Ruby and Sapphire did what many people in the world, ESPECIALLY on Tumblr, really need to do: talk things out patiently and resolve things on both ends. Why can't people do that more often? It would make life a lot easier.
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 17:10

right? unfortunately i think the show answers that as well, with that same point. people are going to act out their emotions differently and it won't always be in a way that's easily reachable or discussable.
    Back to top Go down
    HessoniteAngel

Bubble Gem

HessoniteAngel
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 21:12

I love how they were practically making out on the spot and the only thing stopping them was steven was nearby.
    Back to top Go down
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 21:14

They probably did make out. We just didn't see it because censors are a thing.

And because Steven didn't see it.
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015, 21:46

it's all about the well-timed cuts you guys. they totally made out :p
    Back to top Go down
    xMaikeru

Bubble Gem

xMaikeru
    Bubble Gem

Title : Maybe the youngest person here :P
    Gemosas : 31
    Favourite Gems : Rose, Lapis, and Garnet

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyWed 15 Jul 2015, 09:36

We all know they made out.
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyWed 15 Jul 2015, 10:14

some notes about the ending:

it was really lovely to see pearl and amethyst talking the way they were; heartfelt and feelsy, open and vulnerable.

on the flip side, seeing garnet's reaction to pearl, even after ruby and sapphire had sifted through some of the feelings that were crushed and trampled by pearl's actions, she clearly hadn't resolved it. i think that goes to show just how deep pearl messed up, on an emotional level, for garnet.

i mean, because garnet is the way she is, she obviously has a deeper understanding of fusion and its importance to her is on a completely different level than pearl and amethyst. but that doesn't mean that pearl is excused in her actions because she doesn't have the same understanding. taking advantage of someone is taking advantage of them, pure and simple. she had her choice, her motives, and she made it.
    Back to top Go down
    Pearl

Graphics Diamond

Pearl
    Graphics Diamond

Title : *SQUAWK*
    Gemosas : 161
    Favourite Gems : Pearl, Rose Quartz, Rainbow Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyWed 15 Jul 2015, 20:32

"I'M AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!!!!!"

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Back to top Go down
    http://pizzacusshiticus.tumblr.com
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015, 14:16

This is my favourite episode, if only because I can see the sheer amount of fun the crew had while making it.

I mean, Ruby's faces look really fun to draw and animate. I literally watched the episode over and over again because of the faces she made. I really like them.
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015, 16:56

yepppp. she's so dynamic <3 my birthstone. i am pleased.
    Back to top Go down
    PinkSapphire

Bubble Gem

PinkSapphire
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015, 17:38

Uhh...guys? I think Keystone Motel started a troubling trend in real life. I'm hearing stories about people leaving joke/false reviews on real places named Keystone Motel. This is bad.
    Back to top Go down
    Opal

Roleplay Diamond

Opal
    Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015, 18:33

yeah, I heard people were posting reviews on the website of an Actual keystone motel :/ leave to a fandom to do stuff like this. but keep in mind tumblr and places like it are fear-mongerers who build it up to be worse than it actually is. people should stop doing it and should take down their reviews but i don't think that it means it's gonna get cancelled (one of the rumors and wildfire posts I saw on tumblr was being frankly matter of fact that it could, but it takes more than that tbh)
    Back to top Go down
    winduko

Bubble Gem

winduko
    Bubble Gem

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015, 18:47

Yeah, I heard and saw.

They're making false (both positive and negative) reviews about "a red child evaporated the pool" and "my room was cold what the hell this is summer."

But really, this doesn't surprise me. Wiki vandalism on real gemstone pages happen all the time because some fans got bright ideas. This is different, as wiki vandalism has no harm as Wikipedia is not a reliable source because wiki vandalism was always a thing. Reviews, however, are supposed to be reliable.

I don't think people want to stay at a motel with an evaporated pool because a red child paced around in it, even if it was a 5/5 rating.

Seriously, here are some fake reviews in a Keystone Motel that wasn't even the main one with over a thousand reviews:

Spoilers because annoying:

These were from one in Pennsylvania, the state where the episode took place.

However, most of the reviews were for one in Florida for whatever reason.

I didn't mind the wiki vandalism, but the fact that this happened was not anywhere near surprising.

If any of you here posted a fake review on any Keystone Motel, which I doubt, but in case, please remove it. You are negatively affecting a real business and any future customers, even if it was a 5/5 rating and an apology for what the idiots did. You are still negatively affecting real people.

However, I really doubt that the show will get cancelled. I think that we may get an episode in season 3 that addresses why you shouldn't do this crap, but that's it.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]   Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Keystone Motel Episode Discussion [There will be Spoilers!]
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1